Bummas agreed to be featured on Life More Simply with a review and giveaway, I knew that these would be a perfect give for LoveBug's first birthday.
Originally made to "avert the squirt when changing diapers" and provide for an easy way to thoroughly dry bums after cleaning (so to avoid rashes), Bummas come in four different color sets of terry cloth "wipes" and are an economical, eco-friendly, and great way to keep messes (and other things) at bay. I received "The Wild Ones" set to review, which is a combination of many different bright colors (the wipes were all white with colored surging around the edges).
• Eliminates the use of talcum powder.
• 100% Cotton - Woven Velour Terry Cloth.
• Variety of color combinations for nursery themes.
• Handy 5” x 7” size.
• Durable. Just throw them in the washing machine and use them again.
• Won’t pill, shrink, or fade.
• They will last until your little one is out of diapers and beyond!
We've been using these for a few months now, and I have yet to see any unraveling around the edges or other wear and tear. I keep them in a drawer in the bathroom, and grab them for everything. We've used them as a washcloth, a bottom wipe, a bottom dryer, a tissue, a cleaning rag, and of course, a toy. The 5"x7" size is perfect for fitting in my hand without providing too much bulk. With 100% cotton, we did have slight shrinkage after washing and drying, and the fabric isn't as soft as other velours I've used. The texture of the terry though is fabulous especially for cleaning solids during a diaper change--and like I said, the fabric is soft enough to wipe against a runny nose! Even if you don't use cloth wipes for diapering, you will still find that these little cloth rectangles will come in handy for just about everything.
Buy It! Amazon offers "The Boys" collection right now, but you can buy any of the collections directly from Bummas' website at http://www.bummas.com/! Each collection contains 10 wipes and cost $16.99.
Win It! Bummas is blessing one of my readers with her own collection. To win, you must be a subscriber of mine. Then, you'll need to visit http://www.bummas.com/ and let me know which color collection you want if you win! Contest will remain open until 1/29/10 at noon, EST. Be sure to leave a separate comment with a valid email address in it for each separate entry. Good luck!
* Subscribing to me
* Sporting my button
* Emailing some friends with a link about this contest, CC me in: lifemoresimply @ yahoo.com
* Faving me on Technorati, Digging me, or otherwise voting me up somehwere
* Spread the word through a social network (like Facebook) with a link!
* Blog about this contest
* Tweet about this contest with a link (1x/day)
* Otherwise spreading the word--tell me how!