Well, there is a way.
Baby's First Phone Call is a company that has developed a system allowing you to tell everyone you want about your new bundle of joy without tiring yourself out and without leaving some people to find out second or third hand. The system is pretty easy according to their website:
With Baby's First Phone Call, you set up an account before your baby is born—when you still have a moment of time to yourself—and enter the names and phone numbers of all the people you want to notify when the baby arrives. Then, after the baby is born, you make a single phone call and leave a personal voice-mail message of any length with all the details you want to share.
Our system places calls to each of the phone numbers in your account. If the person answers the phone they hear your happy message. If they don't answer, the message is left on their voicemail or answering machine. In either case, there is an option for them to leave you a return message that you can pick up at your convenience.
- No limit on your outgoing message to friends and family.
- Friends and family can leave you a response message.
- Time-zone sensitive—identify delivery times for each person in your account.
- Convenient luggage tag with our toll-free call-in number comes with every call package.
Buy It! Visit http://babysfirstphonecall.com/ to check out their packages ranging from $20-$50 or to purchase a gift certificate for someone else.
Win It! Baby's First Phone Call is giving away a $50.00 gift certificate to one of my readers! Leave me a tip on how you relax after giving birth or of what you'd like to do if you haven't ever given birth before. Be sure to include an email address and a separate comment for EACH entry you have. Contest will end May 7, 2010.
- If you're pregnant, tell me your due date--or if you're TTC, tell me that! Either way = 1 entry.
- Subscribe to or follow me (Blogger, Google Friend, Facebook, Twitter, etc.); each different method = 1 entry!
- Grab either of my buttons and display them on your website.
- Blog about this contest (3 entries)
- Otherwise spread the word (forums, emailing, etc.) and tell me how!
- Tweet about this contest with a link and @lifemoresimply; 1 tweet/day/1 entry
- Let me know if you grabbed the Baby Mama Shower button BEFORE 4/1 and get your extra entry!