A friend of mine and I recently commented on the competitive nature of "mommy blogs." Instead of supporting each other through links, comments, and blog posts, a lot of bloggers tend to stalk but not interact with other blogs. Forget sharing information or PR friendly company info! It's too bad, but I suppose that's the nature of the beast. 5 Minutes for Mom is doing something cool though to help unite bloggers (and NOT just the "mommy" ones!) through the 2010 Ultimate Blog Party.
Here's how it works:
1) You don't need to have a blog. WHAT?! Yes, that's right.
2) You comment on a post at 5 Minutes for Mom, visit other participating blogs, and sport a button...then you'll not only be making lots of new friends and discovering some great writers, but you'll be entered to win a whole ton of FABULOUS prizes, too!
Check out the full instructions here.
I'm a 25-year-old full time working mama of a toddler and pregnant with another kiddo due in 11 weeks (yes, my children will be 20-months apart). I do have a husband, and I even like him. :-) Other interesting things about me include that I grew up in a family of 8 girls and only one bathroom, I make more money at my Paramedic job than I do my regular job utilizing my B.S. degree, and I still don't bring home enough to pay the bills so we rely on my blog and frugal, green living (like cloth diapers, making our own "stuff", and reusing things) to make the ends meet. Somehow it always works out. Last week, my husband got a job (after 2 years of searching--sheesh!), so I am now excitedly working on plans to become a part time working mama. Aside from work, I like to play, snuggle with my daughter, be outside when it's warm, and dream big dreams.
The top three prizes that I REALLLLLY want to win through the Blog Party are:
1) US1 Toshiba Laptop, viewable at http://www.5minutesformom.com/18002/win-a-toshiba-laptop-at-the-ultimate-blog-party-2010/. Duh, who wouldn't want this. It would be very helpful to me as I begin my work-at-home journey!
2) US39 A night’s stay for a family at a Hilton Garden Inn http://hiltongardeninn1.hilton.com/en_US/gi/index.do Winning this would actually give me a make-shift BabyMoon! Wow, that would be soooooo relaxing and fun right now...even if I'd only be 20-minutes from my home. :-)
3) US69 The Itty-Bitty Bookworm curriculum (Bailey)! Oh, how I want this from http://www.ittybittybookworm.com/. I've been watching this pre-school curriculum for months now, wishing I had it for my daughter who will be 18-months-old at the end of this month (really? Is she THAT old?).
4) USC60 $200 gift certificate from Wall Slicks at http://www.modernwallgraphics.com/blogs/. We're currently re-doing a LOT of our home and I love vinyl wall clings so this would make me happy. :-)
And if I don't win any of those but someone wants to give me something anyway, I would love to receive in this order: US13, or the other Restaurants.com GC, US3, US75, US10, US67, any of the Target/VISA/Amazon cards, any of the tutu's, or US20. Hooray for Christmas in April!
Go get involved--you only have a few days left!