Today is the newest "Day One" of my post-baby weight loss goal. I have NOT been one of those "lose it immediately after giving birth" types of women (most unfortunately, I assure you). A month after giving birth, my weight plateaued and has been at a standstill ever since. I'm shooting to get down to 120lbs (I'm 5'2) and have some new motivation that I think will help me: Mama Notes' Body After Baby Event.
Body After Baby is an 8-week blogosphere event accumulating with a grand prize of:
1) A $50 gift certificate to Mama Momo- a cloth diaper store with fun accessories for mom and baby and your choice of a prize package from Mama Momo worth a $70 value! and 2) A $25 gift certificate to to your choice of store: Nordstrom, Kohls, REI, Macy's, Target or Old Navy.
The winner is determined by a point system. Each week, one can earn points by doing specific healthy things (like the first week, you may get a point for each push-up that you do). At the end of the 8 weeks, the public can vote for the person who they think made the biggest change. Each vote is worth one point (I think).
I'm really hoping that this will give me a new push towards healthiness. It's so hard when you come home, make dinner, fix up the house (a little), do baby stuff, and go right to bed. My method of choice is going to be this:
1) I will feed my body--not just merely eat. Nothing sugary. Nothing fried. Nothing without substance.
2) No sugary beverages (including diet soda--those chemicals are not good for you!), excluding one glass of juice in the AM.
3) Increase my fruit and veggie intake.
4) Get some sort of exercise every single day for at least 30 minutes! (yikes, this is the one that I think I won't be able to do...)
I'm desperately needing accountability and encouragement here, so continue to leave the love. I'll be posting about this journey once a weeks, so hopefully knowing I must check in will help me stay on track! Need to lose some after-baby weight yourself? Why not join in!
*9/29 UPDATE!* So I realized after initially posting this that the BAB event doesn't actually start until today, 9/29. Yeah, this new information made me slack off a little bit. :-\ The good news is that I still lost some weight last week. The bad news is that I don't have a "before" photo of myself yet, so the change won't be as dramatic as I'd hoped at the end of the contest. Oh well! I'm still in it for the long haul and can't WAIT to see my new body *booty dance*!!!