Did you know that 22,000 women are diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer every year?
Seventh Generation has partnered with the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund to help fight the all-too-often silent battle against Ovarian Cancer by donating $1 to OCRF for each person who registers at Seventh Generation's Let's Talk...Period website on September 1, 2009. Up to $22,000 will be donated...that's $1 for each affected woman this year!
- Ovarian Cancer is the fifth leading cause of cancer death among U.S. women.
- The OCRF along with Woman to Woman, a volunteer network providing hope and support to women in treatment, will use those dollars to continue the conversation.
- Vague but persistent and unexplained gastrointestinal complaints
- Pelvic and/or abdominal swelling or pain
- Bloating and/or feelings of fullness
- Unexplained change in bowel habits
- Urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency)
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- New and unexplained abnormal postmenopausal vaginal bleeding
- Peri or post-menopause
- Uninterrupted ovulation (having no pregnancies and no prior use of oral contraceptives)
- Family or personal history of breast/ovarian cancer
- Presence of BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 gene mutations
What You Can Do
- Visit http://www.letstalkperiod.com/ today and register so that one more dollar will be donated.
- Be educated. Check out these videos:
Woman on the Street: Find Out What’s In a Conventional Tampon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-CT_PgVHgI
Dr. Alan Greene discusses organic cotton tampons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L79y6gkefso