- Excluding cancers of the skin, breast cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed among U.S. women, accounting for more than 1 in 4 cancers.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer.
- One out of eight American women who live to be 85 years of age will develop breast cancer, a risk that was one out of 14 in 1960.
- 2.4 million women living in the U.S. have been diagnosed with and treated for breast cancer.
On top of this, MyBlogSpark is providing an Inspiring Hope gift basket for one of my readers! This is what they have to say- "to help us generate awareness, we will provide you with an Inspiring Hope gift basket that includes a sleeved travel mug, a running ribbon charm bracelet, a pink leather strap key chain, a pink cinch bag, and a set of inspirational note cards. All of the gift basket items are from ShopKomen.com, where 25 percent of the merchandise purchase price benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure® in the fight against breast cancer." They sent me one to review and I can vouch that the items are of good quality, but most importantly, 1/4 of the proceeds are helping to find the cure for breast cancer.
What: you'll receive the Inspiring Hope gift basket from ShopKomen.com valued at $51.00!
How: First, visit http://www.pinktogether.com/ and look around. Then, come back here and share your story about breast cancer (about you, someone else, or other thoughts!). You must enter fast, because the contest ends on Wednesday, November 18th at 3:30pm, EST.
Earn extra entries by
* Telling me something else not listed here that you'd like for yourself or someone else at http://www.shopkomen.com/
* Tweeting this contest (2x/day, max; one entry per tweet)
*Emailing at least 3 friends about this contest with a link and "lifemoresimply(@)yahoo.com" CC'd in
*Blogging about this contest (2 entries)
*Sporting my badge
*Subscribing to me
*Otherwise spreading the word!
Facts taken from http://www.networkofstrength.org/information/bcnews/stats.php