I love simple, inexpensive, fast, and clever decorating ideas, thus vinyl wall art melts my heart. My son inherited our John-Deer green library room as his nursery, and we decided to keep the paint color because we loved it so much. Being a small room though, it really needs something else to kick things up a notch and make it lighter and brighter. We've tried to achieve that by using white trim and accessories (although his furniture is very dark), and thought the "Group Of Pine Trees" vinyl wall art from Right On The Walls would be a fantastic addition to his woods-themed room (yes, my son has baby deer on his crib set!). Below are before and after photos. I ordered the "small" size of the trees (11" wide x 24" high each for $45.95) in the white color.
I have been so happy with my order from Right On The Walls! Not only did it come VERY fast and in good shape, but they included a neat scraper tool to help you smooth everything onto the wall. After I got the decorations up, I put it in my kitchen and have been using it to scrape food off of dishes--very effective. :-) You also receive a small decal to practice with. I didn't use it (a turkey!) but did find it useful in understanding the directions included. I have used other brands of vinyl wall art in the past and this is the best selection and quality I've seen. Not only does Right On The Walls offer a million different pieces of art, but you can customize all of them to be whatever colors you want!
The only thing I found is that you may spend a lot more time putting the vinyl up than what they tell you it should take. There were a lot of small pieces to the trees set that I had to take more time on so that nothing ripped apart and so I set things smoothly. It looks awesome though, and I've been busy showing off our "artwork" to everyone who visits my home. :-) I can't wait to buy some more!
Buy It! Visit www.rightonthewalls.com to view their HUGE selection of wall decorations including glow-in-the-dark ones, chalkboard ones, and clocks! To receive 15% off your purchase, enter this code at checkout: BR15DCT
Win It! Right On The Walls is giving away a $40 gift code to one of my readers. You can put this towards something more expensive, or let it pay for the entirety of your vinyl wall art! To win, tell me what you will use the $40 for from www.rightonthewalls.com. Be sure to include an email address and leave a separate comment for EACH entry! Contest will close on or after December 8th, 2010 at midnight, EST.
(after the above is completed --leave a separate comment for each one):
1) Follow Life More Simply on Google Friend Connect
2) Subscribe to Life More Simply via email.
3) "Like" our Facebook page.
4) Follow us on Twitter (LifeMoreSimply).
5) Blog about this contest ---3 entries!
6) After you've "liked"/"friended" Life More Simply on Facebook, put this as your status: " I just entered to win a $40 gift code to Right On The Walls from @LifeMoreSimply! http://tinyurl.com/rightonthewalls! " (my name will come up in BLUE if you did it right). 1 entry/day.
7) Tweet this message (up to two times a day for 1 entry each): Win a $40 gift code to @RightOnTheWalls from @LifeMoreSimply! http://tinyurl.com/rightonthewalls #giveaway #contest #home
8) Spread the word on a parenting forum, message board, or any other way and tell me how you did it with a link!
9) Sign up to Design America's Next Diaper: http://lifemoresimply.blogspot.com/p/life-more-simply-review-panel.html
10) Go to http://www.facebook.com/RightOnTheWalls and leave this message on their wall: I love vinyl wall art and just entered to win a $40 gift code to Right On The Walls from @LifeMoreSimply! http://tinyurl.com/rightonthewalls
11) Vote for Rebekah Hess or take our 5-question survey to get a TON more entries! http://lifemoresimply.blogspot.com/2010/11/extra-ways-to-win.html